The second iteration of our virtual UDS is coming up tomorrow 5/14 and will go until Thursday 5/16, running from 1400 UTC to 2000 UTC.
Out of all the proposed sessions I wanted to highlight the ones relevant to Unity & friends:
- Content Handling on Ubuntu/Unity
- General X.Org plans for Saucy
- Core Apps in Ubuntu Touch preview images
- SDK UI Toolkit Theming
- OSK current state & thoughts on future
- Hybrid graphics support strategy planning
- Stress testing on mir
- Provide a QML API for text to speech output
- Print Dialog Design for Ubuntu Touch
- Delivering a Unity 8 Desktop in Ubuntu 13.10
- Desktop Unity Polish for 13.10
- Autopilot support for previous Ubuntu releases
- SDK Roadmap
- Launching Applications using Upstart
I am getting excited to get Unity 7.x defined for 13.10 and talk about what Unity 8 will look like in 13.10 and forward. Make sure to meet the team and myself in these sessions or simply ping me on IRC (olli on freenode) if you want to chat about Unity & Mir.
A quick clarification: there have been a lot of names floating around for Unity, Unity Next, Unity 3d, 2D, Unity Nux, Unity QML etc.
13.04 is shipping Unity 7.0.0, 13.10 will be shipping Unity 7.x for the Nux based implementation. Unity 8.x and beyond will be dedicated to the QML based version.